There are certain features that are based on “auto” action and that might not be acceptable for most of the users. These are usually seen on the start screen (Metro UI), “autoplay” is one of such features. These features were very easy to deal with in windows XP and Windows 7. But unlike Windows XP and Windows 7, turning off AutoPlay in Windows 8 isn’t a task to be done within seconds. Once you try to do it you will find out that there are no on-board control panel icons to complete the task for you and you have to follow up a standard CoC (Chain of Clicks) in order to get done with it. Seriously when you are using Windows 8 AutoPlay is the most annoying reminder that pops up on your screen every time you insert a USB or a compact disc into your system.
At this time there are two methods that allow you to get rid of this AutoPlay problem on your Windows 8 system:
Methods To Disable/Enable Autoplay For All USB Media Devices in Windows 8
Method 1 To Change Autoplay Option
- The first method does not involve any rocket science and is pretty simple. All you are required to do is to follow the steps that are mentioned below and you’ll be able to get rid of AutoPlay within few seconds:
- The first thing that you need to do is to make sure that you are at the start screen (Metro UI) of your Windows 8 computer.
- Once you make sure that you are there, at Windows 8 Start Screen, simply press ”Windows Key” and ”W” simultaneously.
- The step of pressing windows key + W will show up a search bar on your screen.
- The next thing you need to do is type “autoplay” in the search bar and press ‘enter’.
- After performing this step you will be able to see a screen labeled ‘settings’ with ‘AutoPlay’ shown up as an option.
- Lastly just ‘Click’ on the AutoPlay bar and simply uncheck the “Use AutoPlay for all media and devices” option that will show up on the next screen.
And you are done! You have freed yourself from AutoPlay on Windows 8 computer.
Method 2 To Change Autoplay Option
This method is simpler than the one mentioned above. All you are required to do is go to Control Panel > AutoPlay > Uncheck “Use AutoPlay for all media devices”. Yeah, no kidding, it is that simple. You ‘re now officially AutoPlay free.
In case you want the option of AutoPlay back after disabling, just follow the process and check “Use AutoPlay for all media and devices”. And you will have the option back in your Windows 8 Computer.