The email service, Yahoo! Mail, offers you free access to an email account that you can also use to accede to your Yahoo Messenger via the same Mail boundary. This article contains the information that will assist you in changing your password linked with the particular Yahoo! ID. These steps are relatively simple:
1) Sign-in to your Mail account when you Go to the Yahoo! Sign-in page. It will ask for your Yahoo! ID and password.
Otherwise, you can also use your Google or Facebook account to sign-in to Yahoo! Mail.
2) Within the Yahoo! Mail window, look for “Hi (Account Name)” tab on the top left of the window. Click it first. You will see a drop down window. Click ‘Account Info’.
3) After you have entered your password, continue by clicking the “Sign In” button.
4) You will see a section labeled “Sign-In and Security”, from there click “Change your password”.
5) It will ask for your existing password first to verify the user. Subsequently, you will enter your new password that should be six or more characters. To confirm, you will re-enter your new password.
6) To set your new password, click “Save”.
7) A verification message will appear confirming that you successfully changed your password. From then on you can use this password to sign into your account.
- The password should be strengthened by incorporating both the Uppercase and Lowercase letters along with numbers and special characters.
- Your Account Info page also gives you the option to set secret questions and tools to reset passwords in the same section from where you started, “Sign-In and Security”
- When you set a new password, it is also automatically changed for other Yahoo! Services that you obtain using the same Yahoo! ID.